secrets.tdb - byte order independent? (SPARC/INTEL)

Paul Griffith paulg at cs.yorku.ca
Fri Mar 5 16:48:51 GMT 2004

Hello everyone,

I am trying to run Samba in parallel on two platforms, namely
Solaris/SPARC and Linux/Intel. Each platform have it's own natively
complied binaries, but they share the same config directory.

Now when I start the smbd and nmbd binaries on Linux/Intel it will
recreate the secrets.tdb file. So the question is since secrets.tdb is a
binary file doesn Samba do anything internally to keep the file byte order
independent?

Can I convert the Solaris generated secrets.tdb to a format that is usable
on Linux/Intel. It would be a **ROYAL** pain to have each PC rejoin our
domain just because of one file.

If you need any more info please let me know.

We are running Samba v2.2.8a

--
Paul Griffith     | York University, Dept. of Computer Science CSB1003A
CS Technical Team | 4700 Keele Street,Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3