Urgent Help

Parag Mehta paragrmehta at rediffmail.com
Thu Mar 4 07:24:28 GMT 2004

Dear Yash,

Thanks for your reply.
I will frame my requirement like this.

I have Solaris 9 server where the samba is configured.
I have 25 winek client who is interest in using the data lying on solaris server.

I want that out of 25 users , 10 user who belongs to group calles ' GRP1' shoud have only read accedd , rest 10 belongs to group ' FRP2' should have read & write access & rest 5 should have complete access.

For same i needs to create the OS users on Solaris & needs to create the same user for samba also. pl correct , if i am wrong.
Means for single users needs to maintained 3 id , one for win2k , one for Solaris & one for samba. Can we optimize the this ?

Thanks
Regards
Parag