Urgent Help

Parag Mehta paragrmehta at rediffmail.com
Wed Mar 3 11:45:53 GMT 2004

Dear All,

This is Parag here. I have configured SAMBA on Solaros 8/9. After creating proper sharer on smb.conf file , my windows client [ Win2k ] are in a position to use the sharer/shared folder lying on solaris.SAMBA is working fine.

We would like to achive ACL [ Access Control List ] on same. Basically we have different windows users who are the part of various domain. Now we wanted the specific set of users only to aceess the shared solaris partition. Is it possible to achive same with SAMBA ? If ans is yes , then sombody can please guide me with small set of examples. & If it is not possible then what's a workaround for same.

Basically i am new with SAMBA technology , so i am not aware abt the same.

Urgent help is required.

Regards
Perry