i18n question.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Mar 3 01:44:34 GMT 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:50:58AM +0900, Kenichi Okuyama wrote:
> Dear Jeremy,
>
> # Have you set 'Reply-To:'?

> >> He covered CP932 (Japanese), UHC (Korean), GB18030 (Simplified
> >> Chinese) and Big5 (Traditional Chinese).  He says, that "/" is not
> >> used by any of these, but "\" is used as a trail byte in CP932,
> >> GB18030 and Big5.
> JA> Oh well, these character sets are going to be quite slow then :-(.
> JA> I'll add the code without the special case for the broken char
> JA> sets and then fix it up afterwards.
>
> Easiest way to solve that problem is to use UCS2, or UTF8
> as internal character coding.

Actually, I managed to make even the "slow" case not so bad,
be using the property that when parsing pathnames (where we
only care about the characters '.', '\\' and '/' that the '\\'
character is the only one that can occur as the second part
of a mb-encoded string).

I'm testing the code to make sure I have the correct semantics
with sb-encoding right now, I'd appreciate some help once
I've checked it in to make sure it works with the problematic
mb encodings.

Thansk,

	Jeremy.