NCR Version

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Thu Jun 24 13:05:47 GMT 2004

David Hurst [mailto:david at dataworks.org.uk] wrote:
> I have a new customer that has a very old machine.
> AT&T (NCR) S40 running NCR MP-RAS SVR4 UNIX system
> UNIX system release 4.0
> UNIX system version 3.0
>
> Anybody know where I can get samba for this machine or does
> anybody have it.

Have you tried building Samba from its source code?  You are pushing your
luck with such and old machine, but you might as well give it a shot.  But
bear in mind that new servers are pretty cheap these days; probably cheaper
than the labor cost to build and install Samba on such an old machine.

Thanks
PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant,
Stratus Technologies, Maynard, MA USA