Missing sambaLMPassword in machines account entries in Samba-LDAP

Wong Onn Chee ocwong at usa.net
Mon Jun 21 09:50:54 GMT 2004

Hi Andrew,

I have finally found the cause!
It is due to the automatic machine account password changes by the
Windows workstation.

It is quite well-documented at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;150518

One last question is that why are the machines are not being allowed to
update their passwords in the Samba.

Thanks.

--

Best Regards
Wong Onn Chee

20, Ayer Rajah Crescent
#08-02 Techno Centre
Singapore 139964
Main Line:   (65)  6873 2049
Fax:             (65)  6873 4905
Mobile:        (65)  9838 7930
Email: onnchee at resolvo.com
Website: www.resolvo.com
Please Note: This message contains information which may be confidential and
privileged. Unless you are the intended addressee (or authorised to receive
for the addressee), any distribution, copying or disclosure of the message
or any information obtained in the message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received the message in error, please advise the sender by replying to
the sender's email address