Problem with Samba/Wins and IIS

Torsten tkali at bredex.de
Fri Jun 18 13:41:39 GMT 2004

Hell List!

We are using Samba 3.0.4 on Solaris/Sparc and Windows 2000. Samba is PDC
and about everything is just working. There was/is only one PC who has
got problems and stating "unable to find logon-server". The PC also
looses connections to Samba and working was pretty difficult.

Hence we did some research and found IIS installed on this machine. IIS
registers the NetBT name "INET~SERVICES#1c". As "1c" is used for domain
services, we gave it a try and stopped IIS -- and now logons etc are
working fine.

We do not really need the IIS - so this mail is mainly to exchange ideas
for someone else having got a similar problem. Nevertheless if anyone
would like to comment this, it is well appreciated.

-- Torsten.