libsmbclient and smb_opendir: problem with workgroup

Andreas andreas at conectiva.com.br
Tue Jun 15 13:09:05 GMT 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 11:53:02AM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> There would have been an election, and it looks like duckman won the
> election.
>
> Now, I have not yet looked at the trace as yet, so I can't say exactly
> what is going on.
>
> BTW, would it be possible to send the capture file as an attachment?

I think it's solved now. DUCKMAN was behaving badly and my machine is in
the same workgroup. When I opened smb://, libsmbclient went to duckman
and gave up after it got no response.

There is another thread that spin off from this one which is talking about
some modifications to the library so that it is more robust to this
situation.