libsmbclient and smb_opendir: problem with workgroup

Andreas andreas at conectiva.com.br
Mon Jun 14 17:32:27 GMT 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 12:24:24PM -0500, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
> Notice that the NetBIOS Session Service request keeps getting resent?
> Something *appears* to be listening on port 139 since the TCP connection
> was accepted.  The problem is that DUCKMAN is not accepting the Session
> Request.

Exactly. Could even be a firewall there, I don't know, I don't have access
to that machine at the moment.

> My guesses, based on all of this, are:
>
> 1) The DNS being out of sync with the NetBIOS namespace is your first
>    problem.

Correct. I fixed this setting the correct IP in /etc/samba/lmhosts

> 2) smbd not running is your second problem.

I also agree, or at least it has some sort of problem there.

> These are guesses, so correct me if any of my assumptions are wrong.

Please read my other email about the smbc_opendir() test failing when
I'm in the MYGROUP workgroup. That's what got me into this in the first
place.