Really Funky Samba Errors (smbd/nttrans.c:call_nt_transact_ioctl)

Osama Dengler osama at denglernet.de
Mon Jun 7 21:10:07 GMT 2004

You need the header files from the IFS (installable file system) kit which can
be obtained from MS. However, it will a) not be free and b) not be allowed to
incorporate any information from there into an open source product such as
samba.
Usually these IOCTLs are used to access kernel mode data from user mode code
and I guess that they simply transport the NTFS IOCTLs via a RPC call to the
remote end. So this could be a (very, very secret :) NTFS IOCTL. Just guessing
here...

Greetings, Osama

> On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 03:55:01PM -0400, William R. Lorenz wrote:
>
> > Also, is there somewhere I can get more information about this 0x9009c NT
> > IOCTL function?  Does Microsoft publish such specifications somewhere?
>
> A friend gave me this link about NT IOCTLs:
>
> http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?article=229
> 										That IOCTL decodes to:
> 										Device FILE_SYSTEM (0x9)
> Function 0x27