Line Ending

srose at cis-group.com srose at cis-group.com
Mon Jun 7 20:24:01 GMT 2004

Here is what this option as it is describe in the help file

Line Endings

The options on the Line Endings dialog let you specify whether VisionFS
converts line endings in files.
Windows and UNIX use different styles of line endings in files. If a Windows
user views a file saved from UNIX,
or a UNIX user views a file saved from Windows, the user may not see line
breaks in the correct places, or
may see spurious characters at the end of lines. Converting UNIX-style line
endings to Windows-style (and
back again) solves this problem.
VisionFS converts all files whose filenames match an entry in the list.
VisionFS converts line endings from
UNIX-style to Windows-style when a user reads the file, and from
Windows-style to UNIX-style when a user
writes the file. You can use the wildcard "*" to match multiple files. The
wildcard can appear anywhere within
the list entry.

For example, if the list contains the entries *.txt and *.html, then files
named report.txt and index.html
would have their line endings converted

If you need any other info just ask

Thanks