Samba Speaking Opportunity in Ohio

William R. Lorenz wrl at express.org
Fri Jun 4 02:11:22 GMT 2004

Hi All,

I've been spending much of my time with Samba recently, and as I know the
Samba team has been doing some great work with Samba books and releases
coming to market left and right ;), I wanted to extend an offer to any
Samba team members that might be interested in speaking at this year's
Ohio LinuxFest <http://www.ohiolinux.org/>, a free-as-in-beer event where
Linux and Open Source Enthusiasts from all over will come and gather.  We
drew people from throughout the Mid-West of the United States last year,
and we're expecting many hundreds of people to take part this time around.

Our official Call for Presentations has already closed for this year, but
our core team has agreed to provide a little slack for talks that we'd
like to personally bring into the event.  The event, with free admission
(registration required so that we know how many people to expect in the
venue), will be held on Saturday, October 2nd, in Columbus, Ohio.

If you're interested in speaking at the event or know someone who is, I'd
like to kindly ask that you please contact me and let me know what you (or
your friend) might be able to talk about and what it would take to be able
to bring you into the event this year?  If you could tell me a bit about
yourself (e.g. "I've been involved with Samba for a long time, and I
really like working on X, Y, and Z"), that might help me to understand
where you're coming from a bit more.  Don't be shy to ask me questions
about event plans, what kind of talks might work, or otherwise, either! :)

In any case, I do hope I might hear from some of you.  Thanks so much.

__ __ ___ _| | William R. Lorenz <wrl at express.org>
\ V  V / '_| | http://www.clevelandlug.net/ ; "Every revolution was
 \./\./|_| |_| first a thought in one man's mind." - Ralph Waldo Emerson