Trusting a Windows2000 damain in Native Mode

mrtheplague at engsoc.queensu.ca mrtheplague at engsoc.queensu.ca
Tue Jun 1 14:02:09 GMT 2004

Hi.  I'm a student at Queen's University and I'm trying to set up a trust
relationship between the Engineering Society's samba3 server and the
faculty's  Windows2000 domain(in Native mode, not mixed) using Active
Directory.  We need access to their domain, but they don't want access to
ours.  I'm somewhat new to samba, and I've been doing some research for
the last few days.  There was mention in the samba docs that this was
possible, but it required more testing.  I haven't been able to find much
else.

I was wondering if anyone has successfully undertaken this task.  The
Samba3 server is running LDAP for authentication, and is running version
3.0.2a-1 (Debian Testing).

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan Buset