se-samba

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jun 1 00:15:28 GMT 2004

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 10:49:11PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:

> I'll probably be meeting Tridge in ~40 hours.  If you have any suggestions of
> things that I should discuss with him then please send them to be by private
> email ASAP.

Russell,

	Tridge's suggestion is correct. The changes you need
are probably too great for Samba3, and now is a good time to
get them implemented into the Samba4 design.

Sorry for not replying earlier, but tridge and I tend to stay
out of discussions Luke is involved in for historical reasons.

Talking to tridge and, on the main samba-technical mailing
list about your requirements is the best course. Luke hasn't
participated in Samba design or coding for many years now
and his knowledge in that area is not current.

We can have much more productive discussions on samba-technical,
and I've trimmed the tng mailing lists from this reply.

Cheers,

	Jeremy.