Intercept close call in a VFS module.

Alejandro Sánchez Acosta asanchez at opensistemas.com
Thu Jul 22 11:51:38 GMT 2004

Hello,

I have been writting some modules with Samba 3.0 but it doesn't
intercept the close call.

I have done some tests like:

smbclient //localhost/resource
more file

The 'more file' operation registers open and read. But it might close
the file and registers the (close)operations. It happens the same with a
windows client, it doesn't notify the close operation.

I have seen  that some modules register close but I haven't tested yet,
is any specific reason why I can't intercept close? I need to know that
because I have to do some things when I close a file.

Thanks in advance,
Alejandro.