problems with quota v3.0.4 and v3.0.5rc1

Richard Renard rrenard at idealx.com
Wed Jul 21 08:25:02 GMT 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 02:26:25PM +0200, Richard Renard wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have problems with samba and quota support

It seems that I have some problem at a lower level than samba.
The point is that quotas are working and are enforced as I want, setting
quota with "setquota" is ok, getting infos with "quota" is also ok.

The problem is that the quotactl does not seems to work correctly when
called from outside the quota suite, at least with Q_GETQUOTA .

I tried a simple test program to get quota informations for a user but I
always get "Invalid argument" from the system call.

struct if_dqinfo dqinfo;
struct if_dqblk dqblk;

/* works */
quotactl(QCMD(Q_GETINFO,USRQUOTA), device, uid,  (void *)&dqinfo);

/* does not work */
quotactl(QCMD(Q_GETQUOTA,USRQUOTA), device, uid, (void *)&dqblk);

output from strace

quotactl(Q_GETINFO|USRQUOTA, "/dev/hda6", 0, 0xbffffc70) = 0
quotactl(Q_GETQUOTA|USRQUOTA, "/dev/hda6", 0, {0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0})
= -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)

maybe I missed something... :(

sorry for the noise

Richard.