Problems with symlinks (unlink) and Unix extensions in Samba 3.05rc1

Sergio Talens-Oliag Sergio.Talens at uv.es
Tue Jul 20 12:42:26 GMT 2004

El Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 02:03:12PM +0200, Guenther Deschner va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 01:38:18PM +0200, Sergio Talens-Oliag wrote:
> >   I've been trying to use Samba to export Unix home directories (using
> >   smbfs on the linux clients) and I've found a problem while trying to
> >   use the Mozilla web browser on Linux.
> >
> >   At first I was using Samba 3.0.4 with the following global settings:
> >
> >     unix extensions = yes
> >     follow symlinks = yes
> >     wide links = yes
> >
> >   After some research I found that I was having problems with symlinks
> >   and upgraded to Samba 3.0.5rc1, which solves some of my problems, but
> >   Mozilla still does not work.
>
> unless you have a patched version of smbfs, smbfs does not have native
> support for CIFS Unix Extensions (that let you permit to create proper
> symlinks).
>
> You could try cifsfs instead.

  Yes, that was the problem, using CIFS it works as expected, thanks a
  lot, you've saved me a lot of time ;)

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto at uv.es>            <http://www.uv.es/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F 1BD9 548C 8F15 86EF 6770 052B B8C1 FA69