svn commit: samba r1531 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source: . smbd

Mon Jul 19 15:49:30 GMT 2004

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 09:46:06AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> This code was supposed to allow smbd to be self-healing
> when a tdb became corrupted (e.g. a tdbv in the printing/
> directory).  Can you please give me some more background on
> your changes ?

With revision 1101 you removed every use of the function smbd_tdb_log, so I
thought it would only be consistent to remove the function itself.

How did I notice? Bug 1445 might have been a tdb corruption bug, but
locking.tdb was magically *gone*, and this was the only place where a
suspicious unlink() call was done. Then grepping for uses smbd_tdb_log showed
up that this was not used anymore. Feel free to re-add it, but I would much
rather prefer to look at the evidence of tdb corruption later than having it
unlinked.

Volker