DC's name / server mutex ??

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Jul 17 13:36:14 GMT 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 09:46:59AM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> As I recall the effort to find the name is for NT4.x DC's which require
> a correct NetBIOS name in the initial NetBIOS session request. If we
> can really junk this (ie. *SMBSERVER always works) then yes the IP address is enough.
>
> Jeremy.

Although it's worth bearing in mind the size of a lockfile offset for an
IPv6 address would exceed the size of off64_t by a considerable margin
:o) - so the naive scheme probably would need to be replaced by a
hashtable lookup or something similar (lock a tdb record with the key
as the IP address octets?)

--

Regards,
Phil