Winbind Authentication for Samba and PAM

Matthew Carpenter matt at eisgr.com
Thu Jul 15 18:58:20 GMT 2004

Hello,
I'm running a system which currently uses Winbind (Samba version
samba-2.2.3a-6 from RH73) to authenticate and do name services against
an NT domain.  This controls SMB access as well as SSH/SCP authentication.

We are in the middle of an Active Directory migration and this system
doesn't like to talk to AD's PDC/WINS servers as it did to the NT
servers.  Does this not work with AD in this version?  If not, what
version do I need to be at  to do this?  If it should work, what might I
be doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.