homes bug - two different solutions

Michael Collin Nielsen michael at hum.aau.dk
Thu Jul 15 07:04:48 GMT 2004

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 09:01:51PM +0200, Michael Collin Nielsen wrote:
>>Hi
>>
>>I'm running samba-3.0.4 on a solaris 8 box and is investigating a setup
>>where samba acts as a domain member in a windows 2000 domain with
>>windows XP sp1 clients.

>>Here is what I this is hapening:
>>The computer is started and the guest user connects to samba and instals
>>printers, my testuser then logs in, and register_vuid registers a homes
>>share in his session and in the global service table. The user then logs
>>off, and the computer is rebootet. After the reboot, the test user again
>>connects to samba, register_vuid again tries to register a homes share,
>>but now the service is already registered in the global service table,
>>and therefore register_vuid does not register the homes share in the
>>user session, and sets vuser->homes_snum = -1

>>I have made two diffs against samba-3.0.4 source:
>>password-reuse-service.diff is the patch that reuses the servicenumber
>>password-update-service.diff is the patch that updates the service
>>They are available at: http://www.hum.aau.dk/~michael/samba3/
>>
>>Hope you will take look at these :-)
>

> Thanks a lot Michael,
>
> Here is the fix I came up with. If you could test it out I'd
> appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> 	Jeremy.

I cannot reproduce the error when using your patch, so I'd say it is
good :-) I now get some Reusing service messages in my logs as expected.

Thanks a lot for the swift reply :-)

Regards,

-Michael

    Michael Collin Nielsen  mailto:michael at hum.aau.dk
    M.Sc.E.E.               http://www.hum.auc.dk/~michael
    Sysadm in Faculty of Humanities, Aalborg University