Samba and Kerberos ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Wed Jul 7 19:38:14 GMT 2004

Greetings ...

	I saw some chatter on the tech list a little while ago, about have
samba use and config auth through Kerberos, without AD.  I think that
Andrew was chatting about use Linux Kerberos.  This would be great.  I
could get Win2K3 to trust a Linux Kerberos REALM and then both pam and
AD would use the same Kerberos database which we could then replicate
with OpenLDAP to all our sites.  And not worry about the link between
winbind and AD going down and remote site not work because there is no auth.

	Is there any plan to work on this soon or ideas and so on?

Thanks
Mailed
Lee

P.S. Great work guys.  Can't wait for the next release, it just keeps
better and better.