Joining KDC and ADS Domain

Ephi Dror ephi at storadinc.com
Fri Jan 30 19:26:29 GMT 2004

Hi All,

To join an ADS based domain we need to join the realm first (kinit ...) and
then
join the domain (net ads join .....)

Is it possible to do it without specifying user name and
password (perhaps some other shared secret)?

For instance, if a machine was already added in the domain server we may not
need to specify user name and password when issuing the net command.

Is it possible on the KDC to add the machine to the realm to avoid typing
the user name and password when issuing  kinit?

Or, is there any other shared secret that can be used
instead of plaintext username and password on the command line.

Cheers,
Ephi