Samba and LDAP Multi-Master Replications ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Thu Jan 29 08:08:17 GMT 2004

Greetings ...

    I know this is a little off topic, but this is something I am
interested in, because I have some remote sites that run over slow and
less than great links, which the normal LDAP Replications mess up.

> We have big sites that using Samba LDAP multi-master in NT-workstation-to-
> Linux-Samba environment and work very well with my password policy's patch,
> also in a recovery state. Naturally the Samba with the patch is 3.0 Alpha22.
> We hope that in the final release of Samba 3.0 the password policy will be
> included and we propose to use  multi-master replication for LDAP backend.
	I wonder if we could bug somebody ( Mr. Lu? ), could write little about the problems and maybe a HowTo on this topic?

Thanks
Mailed
Lee