looking for AIX testers for new winbind UESS module

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Thu Jan 29 06:23:54 GMT 2004

I have completely rewritten the UESS module for winbind on AIX and am
looking for some people to test it. It passes all the tests I can
throw at it, but I would be interested in hearing from others.

New features include:

  - no need for a PAM module. Just install nsswitch/WINBIND in
    /usr/lib/security/ and edit /usr/lib/security/methods.cfg and
    /etc/security/user. The module supports authentication,
    identification and enumeration functions.

 - supports password change, so you can change your windows users
   password using /usr/bin/passwd on AIX.

 - supports the "SID" attribute for users and groups, so if you use
   lsuser to list user with all attributes or just ask for the SID
   atribute you can see the user and group SIDs.

 - works around the 8 character username limit on AIX using the
   internal normalize UESS method. This fixes things like su, login
   etc that broke with names longer than 8 chars.

Cheers, Tridge