implementing password lockout

Jianliang Lu j.lu at tiesse.com
Wed Jan 28 07:47:34 GMT 2004

Richard Renard wrote:
>>bad password count is 0 on PDC and BDC, no user's comment set
>>1. entered a bad password on PDC
>>2. forced replication, 1 on PDC, 0 on BDC
>>3. reentered a bad password on PDC
>>4. forced replication, 2 on PDC, 0 on BDC
>>5. changed user's comment on PDC
>>6. forced replication, 2 on PDC, 2 on BDC

What will happen when you enter a bad password on BDC? The BDC in general has
more possibility to authenticate a users logon. If we enter twice bad
password on BDC we will have count 2 on BDC and 0 on PDC, and after
replicattion we will have 0 on both DC? It's very strange.

Jianliang

Jianliang Lu
TieSse s.p.a.     Ivrea (To) - Italy
j.lu at tiesse.com   luj at libero.it