issue with newly built configure ?

Ken Stone ken at sdd.hp.com
Mon Jan 26 21:53:11 GMT 2004

In the last bit, my nightly update/build of the SAMBA_3_0 cvs bits has started
failing and I have traced it to configure failing ....

What I do is

    Update from cvs
    run a make clean
    do rm -f make.log config.cache config.status config.log configure
    run autogen.sh (autoconf and autoheader are 2.59)
    run configure
    make proto
    make all

But in the last week, it started to fail which I traced to configure
dying as follows

.
.
.
checking how to build vfs_default_quota... static
checking how to build vfs_readonly... static
checking how to build vfs_cap... static
Using libraries:
    LIBS = -lgen -lsec -lnsl -lnsl_s
    AUTH_LIBS =
checking configure summary... configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

And then of course it all goes down the dumper from there.

Any thoughts as to what brought that on ?

Any and all logs available upon request to help figure it out ...

Thanks

  -- Ken