samba pdc trusting windows domain, winbindd deadlock

Peter H. Ganten ganten at univention.de
Mon Jan 26 19:13:38 GMT 2004

Hi Volker,

sorry for coming back on this so late.

> The point is that your LDAP server seems extremely slow or non-responding. We
> want to search for (&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=WOOGA)) to get
> our domain SID and the LDAP server seems not to be able to reply properly.
> Could you check that?

The LDAP-Server is on the same machine as the samba server is:

tserv:~# time ldapsearch -x
'(&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=WOOGA))' -LLL
dn: dc=wooga,dc=univention,dc=de
objectClass: top
objectClass: domain
objectClass: sambaDomain
objectClass: krb5Realm
objectClass: sambaUnixIdPool
dc: wooga
krb5RealmName: WOOGA.UNIVENTION.DE
sambaDomainName: wooga
sambaNextUserRid: 1000
sambaNextGroupRid: 1000
sambaSID: S-1-5-21-3905240259-1866268997-555021291
uidNumber: 55012
gidNumber: 55004

real    0m0.114s
user    0m0.000s
sys     0m0.090s

Looks good, doesn't it?  The point with the deadlock is, that everything
is working very well, when we comment out the code, which acquires a
lock on the secrets.tdb in winbindd before opening the connection to the
samba server (see my first mail).

Greetings,

Peter

--
Peter H. Ganten    <ganten at univention.de>        fon: +49 421 22 08 114
Geschäftsführer    Linux for Your Business       fax: +49 421 22 08 115