Scalability of winbindd tdb

Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE
Mon Jan 26 17:22:06 GMT 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 05:08:44PM +0000, Nicholas Drouet wrote:

> Does anyone have figures on how many mappings the winbindd tdb can handle
> or is recommended, and at what levels you might need to think about using
> another method i.e. ldap id map?

I have not done any measurements yet. But tdb is essentially a hash table with
an arbitrary hash table size. The current default is to have 131 table entries.
It would be easy to expand 'net idmap restore' to use any arbitrary hash table
size upon table creation. We should be able to get O(1) access times with any
number of entries, maybe wasting some disk space.

Volker