implementing password lockout

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 26 14:22:03 GMT 2004

Simo, thanks for clarifying that...but I still have a few issues to clear
up, since we don't (yet) have real windows replication:

When the bad password count isn't replicated, if we're using LDAP
replication, we're going to replicate it, so we'll have to store a time for
the last bad password, no?  We can't choose to selectively replicate
attributes sometimes, but not others.  This is what Jianliang has in his
patch, and it makes sense to me.

I still think we need a local version, though, because if we don't, then if
the PDC is down what happens when a user enters a bad password?  A correct
password should be OK, but a bad password attempt...?

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center
Samba Team