Smb multi-sessions, samba3.0.2pre1

Jianliang Lu j.lu at tiesse.com
Tue Jan 20 14:54:49 GMT 2004

> On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 22:25, Jianliang Lu wrote:
>
> Indeed, if admin users were a global parameter.  People (for some
> reason) want to give users root on only one share, hence this parameters
> existence.
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Should we add a new global parameter like "Domain Admins" to have root
privilege Under User Level Security?
Today we are using "admin users" in global section, in this way we can
use "user manager for domain" to manage users on ldap backend, otherwise
we'll get a "cannot access ldap without root" error.
That I would like to know is how can I have a user that has the privileges
but is not root (uid=0)? We can create a new global parameter "Domain Admins"
like samba-2.2 or we can continue use "admin users" in global scope.

Jianliang Lu
TieSse s.p.a.     Ivrea (To) - Italy
j.lu at tiesse.com   luj at libero.it
http://www.tiesse.com