Smb multi-sessions, samba3.0.2pre1

Jianliang Lu j.lu at tiesse.com
Tue Jan 20 08:41:57 GMT 2004

> Jianliang Lu said:
> > A NT interactive logon process will establish 2 connections between the
> > server and workstation: the first connection is anonymous, and the second
> > is the domain/user. So at the end we have, for example:
> > 	smb_tid = 1, smb_uid = 100 for anonymous
> > 	smb_tid = 2, smb_uid = 101 for user
>
> A tid is uniqe to a specific session. So in theory you could have:
>
>     smb_tid = 1, smb_uid = 100 for anonymous
>     smb_tid = 1, smb_uid = 101 for user
>
> and this would be perfectly legit. Send me the trace and I will confirm.
>

> Mike

The Tid represents an instance of an authenticated connection to a server
resource. The server returns Tid to the cient when the client successfully
connects to a resource, and the client uses Tid in subsequent requests
referring to the resource.
In my case, I have anonymous (Tid=1, uid=100) to \\server\IPC$ during the boot
of the client, and user (Tid=2, uid=101) to \\server\netlogon.
The wrong thing is why client did a NtCreateAndX to the path \samr with
Tid=1 (anonymous to IPC$) and uid=101 (user).

I'll send the trace to you in a separate mail.

Jianliang