Smb multi-sessions, samba3.0.2pre1

Jianliang Lu j.lu at tiesse.com
Mon Jan 19 14:26:01 GMT 2004

Hi all,
I'd like to have your suggestions about the process of smb-messages on multi-
sessions.
A NT interactive logon process will establish 2 connections between the
server and workstation: the first connection is anonymous, and the second is
the domain/user. So at the end we have, for example:
	smb_tid = 1, smb_uid = 100 for anonymous
	smb_tid = 2, smb_uid = 101 for user

>From the trace I have seen that the NT workstation that logged with
Domain/user (smb_uid 101) made a "CreateAndX" to path /samr with the
smb_tid=1 and smb_uid=101, instead of smb_tid=2.

My question is: when we have the situation like above, that means, the
conn->uid is different of the vuid (smb_uid), how do we set the effective
uid? We should set it with the uid of conn->uid (now Samba did) or use the
uid of vuid (smb_uid)? I think that the correct setting is the uid of
smb_uid. Could you give me some suggestions?

cheers,
Jianliang Lu

TieSse s.p.a.     Ivrea (To) - Italy
j.lu at tiesse.com   luj at libero.it