Data types in samba4

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Thu Jan 15 17:53:29 GMT 2004

Stefan,

I like this idea.  I have a few nit-picky questions but they're mostly to
help me understand what you're trying to do.

- why "uint_t" instead of just "uint"?  It seems inconsistent with the
  rest of the list.

- would these be #defined or typedef'd?  (With a #define you can also do
  #ifdefs to see if they're already defined.)

- Which of these are consistently defined across the platforms to which we
  port?  Any?  I've had trouble with conflicting definitions in the past,
  which is why I ask.

If this gets worked out to a simple, workable set I want to adopt it for
some of my own (non-Samba) coding as well.  It would be nice to have a
standard to work toward.

Thanks,

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org