mixed environment SAM replication

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Thu Jan 15 17:38:12 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 18:33, Richard Renard wrote:

> For now Samba3 as a PDC cannot replicate or feed any replication request
> from BDC, for this to work we need a complete knowledge of the
> replication process with all the informations contained in the deltas.
> but also modifying smbd in a way it can manage and maintain a db of all
> modifications done on the domain.

that's not enough, we also need to add much more info in the sam that we
currently miss and fake up. You can't fake them up anymore if you want
to behave correctly with a bdc.

> Concerning the replication process i should have written some kind of
> documentation but i still did not take time to do it.

please let me know when you write down such document.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l. - http://www.xsec.it
via Garofalo, 39 - 20133 - Milano
mobile: +39 329 328 7702
tel. +39 02 2953 4143 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399