mixed environment SAM replication

Richard Renard rrenard at idealx.com
Thu Jan 15 17:33:49 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 11:51:53AM -0500, mike at jurney.org wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Richard Renard wrote:
>
> > I'm still working on it, on the BDC side i have something that is nearly
> > usable, but the PDC side seems to be a lot more difficult since it will
> > require (i think) a "list" of all modifications done on the domain
> > (users, policy, lsa/privs), a mecanism to ask BDCs to come take deltas,
> > and certainly some other stuff.
>
> Are you looking for any help at all?  I'm in a situation where not having
> this feature (Samba3 PDC replicating to NT4 BDC, not necessarily the PDC
> accepting change deltas from the BDC after an outage though) is the only
> thing holding up a fairly major project.  I'd love to throw some time and
> effort into this, but I'm not familiar enough with where things are to go
> it alone just yet.

For now Samba3 as a PDC cannot replicate or feed any replication request
from BDC, for this to work we need a complete knowledge of the
replication process with all the informations contained in the deltas.
but also modifying smbd in a way it can manage and maintain a db of all
modifications done on the domain.

Concerning the replication process i should have written some kind of
documentation but i still did not take time to do it.

Richard.

--
Richard Renard
rrenard at idealx.com