Samba 3.0.1 Domain Member Authentication Problem

ODC odc-public at hotpop.com
Tue Jan 13 20:15:13 GMT 2004

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Should already be fixed in 3.0.2pre1

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the response.

I just clean compiled 3.0.2pre1 from the us3.samba.org mirror and no
luck.  Its still occurring while the hostname.domain.name.com works.

With the dialog box, when I put in WINDOWSDOMAIN\username and the
password, it authenticates properly, however when I just use username,
it fails and returns a SMB-SERVERNAME\username in the username field.

Hope that is not too confusing.

Any other ideas ? I am going to backport back to 3.0.0 and try to get
that working again.