samba as pdc PAM authentication with postgres database

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Tue Jan 13 11:52:44 GMT 2004

It's not possible.
Windows client use their own encryption scheme and send a hash on the
wire, not the clear text password as the pam stack require.
So there is no way.

However I have recently seen a patch about samba backend support over
postgres, you may look at that.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l. - http://www.xsec.it
via Garofalo, 39 - 20133 - Milano
mobile: +39 329 328 7702
tel. +39 02 2953 4143 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399