Remote Citrix Auth Pass-Through ...

José Luis Tallón jltallon at adv-solutions.net
Sat Jan 10 12:05:59 GMT 2004

At 09:13 10/01/2004, you wrote:
>[snip]
>I have a long-term goal of removing the need for a 'security=ADS'
>parameter, moving to more autodetection.  This should help this kind
>of thing a lot, as we can pick up what domains todo what with more
>easily.

Well... it is Winblows which autodetects everything ... and when it fails
to figure out your setup, or you did something the developers didn't plan
for, you are helpless because there is no way to give it that last bit of
information which is needed to have everything working.
Of course you know better than that, but please don't turn Samba into
another Windows... remember the Un*x way: tons of switches and knobs, but
nearly all with sensible defaults so that you probably won't even need to
know of their existance.

However, credits where credits are due, i would like to thank all the Samba
Team for you hard work.. Samba is getting to be ( it possibly already is in
several aspects ) a better Windows PDC/BDC and File/Print server than
windows :-)   Keep the good work going!

>Andrew Bartlett

Best,
         J.L.