Samba Authentication Error

Scott H Beene scott at dcomsys.com
Fri Jan 9 22:29:21 GMT 2004

I get the following error on the Linux server that hosts shares to be
accessible within an NT Domain

Jan 9 17:13:13 spaceghost smbd[466]: [2004/01/09 17:13:13, 0]
auth/auth_util.c:make_server_info_info3(1080)
Jan 9 17:13:13 spaceghost smbd[466]: make_server_info_info3: pdb_init_sam
failed!
I have verified that I can list the users, groups, and username/passwords.
However, every time I try to connect to the share on this server, it prompts
me for a username and password.  If I manully add a username password to the
Linux User account database, I can connect.
It appears that this linux server is not getting the Username Password from
the NT server for authentication, yet I can run every wbinfo test and they
are all ok.
Any suggetions?

Scott H. Beene
Senior Consultant

Diversicom Corporation
11425 Smokethorn Drive
Riverview, FL 33569-7024
Voice: (813) 677-3311
Cell: (813) 363-6182
Nextel Direct Connect ID:  161*24111*1
www.dcomsys.com
scott at dcomsys.com
"Delivering Innovative solutions with a Servant's Heart"