CVS update: samba/source/include

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Thu Jan 8 11:53:41 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 11:20:54AM +0100, Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 10:10:01AM +0000, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
> > Good point for an interim stage. Anyway, it's not going to be completed
> > today :)
>
> I think it's not only for an interim stage. Why not leave tdbsam at that? I've
> used the same procedure for the group mapping stuff in pdb.

Because when trust passwords are stored in SAM, it's easier to handle SAM
replication either when Samba acts as NT-compatible BDC or Samba BDC. The
former would use pdb calls to replicate passwords and the latter could
enable backend-specific replication e.g. ldap when it is your favour.

cheers,
--
Rafal Szczesniak
Samba Team member  http://www.samba.org