Problem using v3.0 to NetApp servers

Jonny Larson jlarson at cips.nokia.com
Tue Jan 6 23:45:55 GMT 2004

Hello:
Using the v2.2.3a smbclient and a given userid/pwd, I can successfully
connect to and view a share on a NetApp server.  Using the v3.0.0
smbclient (same userid/pwd), I get the error:

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

The debug output (-d 10) provided no clues as to what's failing.

Has anyone had experience with this before?  Could someone shed some
light as to what may have changed between versions to allow this
failure?  More importantly, what can I do to correct this?

I'd greatly appreciate any and all information anyone could provide.

Jonny L.