http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2001-August/000651 .html

Shivaprasad Pavoor shivaprasadp at dellmail.com
Mon Jan 5 11:54:25 GMT 2004

Dear all,

today i've subscribed myself to this mailing list. i've no idea how can i reply to a already setup thread. so i'm sending a mail which will be listed as a separate thread. once again please excuse me...

please refer to http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2001-August/000651.html. here the dicussion have been concluded as even tjough you disable "NetBIOS over TCP/IP" in windows 2000 client, one shud be able to access the Linux SAMBA server (Ver. 2.0.x) but this is not the case with me. when i disable the NetBT settings, i'm not able to access the SAMBA server. may be i'm doing something/somewhere wrong. please advice me do resolve this...

thanks in advance...

rgds,
sHIVAPRASADp