Mind if I read your code?

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Jan 2 19:31:24 GMT 2004

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 08:00:04PM +0100, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 19:39, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 11:41:45PM +0000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> > On my own, I've been toying with the idea of an NBT Daemon.  I've got some
> > code but not enough time to make it fly yet.  The NBT Daemon would handle
> > all of the muck and details of the NBT layer.  It would also have an API
> > (similar to NetBIOS, but probably not the same) so that you could write
> > code that would talk and listen on the "NetBIOS LAN".  Tridge has pointed
> > out some potential security pitfalls here, but the basic idea is sound.
>

> What about putting your code somewhere, I have no time right now to look
> into it, but it would be definitively nice to play with.

Some of it is somewhere, but the line between code I've written and code I
have in my head is sometimes blurred.  :)

There's some very old stuff at http://ubiqx.org/libcifs/

I have some major updates to make to that...once I've cleaned things up a
little more.

> plus I think that API compatibility (if possible) with the NetBIOs API
> would be a big plus, I know people that would be very delighted to see
> it, and be able to port a lot of custom application that run on DOS righ
> tnow.

It shouldn't be that hard to do.  It's a matter of having time.  Sigh.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org