Mind if I read your code?

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Jan 2 05:28:06 GMT 2004

> Why I haven't gone further with libsmbclient, besides
> licensing:  its interface is simply too high-level.
> Using it would add very nice high-level attributes
> (reading and writing files files), but lots of the
> other code that's useful to the Wine project is
> hidden.  Named pipes, NetBT, mailslots, RPC and
> authentication all have public APIs in Windows, so
> eventually have to be implemented anyway.  By the time
> these are done adding file support doesn't seem like
> such a big deal.

JCIFS is pretty sophisticated as SMB clients go. It's LGPL. It's also Java but it
might be a useful as a reference for certain things. We do NetBIOS, signing, LMv2,
DFS, etc. No Network Neighborhood/mailslots though. RPCs are in the pipeline. I
have an IDL tool that generates very concise NDR routines (not released just yet,
watch http://jarapac.sourceforge.net).

Mike

--
A program should be written to  model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the  potential for it  to be applied  to tasks that are