SAMBA PDC in a clustered Environment

ww m-pubsyssamba pubsyssamba at bbc.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 16:33:58 GMT 2004

Interesting problem

I noticed this problem on ms technet, probably doesn't apply to you

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296594

but does mention the use of

"c:\winnt\cluster>clussvc -resetquorumlog"

Which I beleive resolves any configuration conflicts on the quorum drive, these might be the result of
changing the service account in a pre-existing cluster?

You are using an account for running the cluster service on the samba PDC, and then specifying it as the logon account for
the service aren't you?

thanks Andy.

No, they are not binding to each other.  It's just that when the one
node binds to the Samba PDC, the other one can't start the cluster
service.  Both join the domain successfully though.  As if there's
something extra transferred in case of when a Windose is the PDC.  The
log on the cluster says:

node3 (.47):
[JOIN] JoinVersion data for sponsor 172.24.1.46 is invalid, status 1753.
[JOIN] Sponsor NODE02 is not available (JoinVersion), status=1753.

node2 (.46):
[JOIN] Spawning thread to connect to sponsor 172.24.1.47
[JOIN] Spawning thread to connect to sponsor 172.17.11.47
[JOIN] Asking 172.24.1.47 to sponsor us.
[JOIN] Asking 172.17.11.47 to sponsor us.
[JOIN] Spawning thread to connect to sponsor 10.1.1.2
[JOIN] Spawning thread to connect to sponsor NODE03
[JOIN] Asking 10.1.1.2 to sponsor us.
[JOIN] Asking NODE03 to sponsor us.
[JOIN] Unable to get join version data from sponsor 172.17.11.47 using
NTLM package, status 5.
[JOIN] JoinVersion data for sponsor 172.17.11.47 is invalid, status 5.