CVS update: samba/source/utils

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Fri Feb 27 16:30:51 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 12:29, vlendec at samba.org wrote:

> I was rather annoyed by the net groupmap syntax, I could never get it
> right.
>
> net groupmap set "domain admins" domadm
>
> creates a mapping,
>
> net groupmap set "domain admins" -C "Comment" -N "newntname"
>
> should also do what you expect. I'd like to have some feedback on the usability
> of this.

I had no problem with previous syntax, but this seem more easy.

> net groupmap cleanup
>
> solves a problem I've had two times now: Our SID changed, and a user's primary
> group was mapped to a SID that is not ours. net groupmap cleanup removes all
> mappings that are not from our domain sid.

Very good job volker, I just stomped on this problem today at a testing
site, this mod is very welcome. Thank you.

We may also think to print a level 0 warning at startup in server.c, so
that admins may has more chances to discover the problem, what do you
think?

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l. - http://www.xsec.it
via Garofalo, 39 - 20133 - Milano
mobile: +39 329 328 7702
tel. +39 02 2953 4143 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399