Can someone verify my checklist?

Brad Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Mon Feb 23 16:51:09 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 08:40, PHELPS, SCOTT wrote:
> Hi guys,

> I am hoping that cloning the SID and keeping the same server name that
> my 65 Windows clients will not know the difference and everything will
> be transparent.  I definitely want to avoid new profile creation, you
> know?  Can anyone confirm that I have not forgotten anything?

your checklist looks good to me...
but i think you should be prepared to deal with some pain on the
clients.  I've found that it's hard to get a machine joined to samba
except by manually leaving and rejoining the domain.

it's apparently not enough to create machine accounts in LDAP with no
password - there is something more complex going on that I do not
understand.  I posted about this last week with no responses so i guess
nobody else really does either.

best wishes!

brad

PS - I think this belongs on samba not samba-technical