Can someone verify my checklist?
SPHELPS at ridgways.com
Mon Feb 23 13:40:43 GMT 2004
Here's what I'm doing:
Upgrading fro Samba 2.2.8a to Samba 3.0.2a
Simultaneously migrating to a new server.
My checklist: << (*)=done , (-) = remaining >>
* Download and install Samba 3.0.2a on the new server
* Clone (by hand) hostname, sldapd, nssswitch
* Hand edit new smb.conf to match the old config.
* Export ldif file from old LDAP db
* Dump old Domain SID using smbpassword -X
* Convert ldif using "ConvertSambaAccount --sid "
* Start new LDAP server and import new ldif file.
- Stop old server and copy all home directories to new server.
- Start new Samba Server and test..
I am hoping that cloning the SID and keeping the same server name that
my 65 Windows clients will not know the difference and everything will
be transparent. I definitely want to avoid new profile creation, you
know? Can anyone confirm that I have not forgotten anything?
Thanks in advance..
Linux: "$ su - root" --> Windows: (reboot)
More information about the samba-technical