winbindd_schanel.patch

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Feb 21 03:13:12 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 02:17, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Tridge,
>
> I'm going to check this into 3.0/head unless you are still
> working on it.  My tests ran ok and we should get some
> more extensive testing before thej next release.
>
> If I don't hear back in a day, i'll assume its ok.

If we made the scannel setup based on new_conn->domain, then we open up
an option for some particular 'fun & games' that might get some sites
out of trouble:

That is, we *can* do schannel to DCs that are not in our primary domain,
if we have done a join to those domains.  We will only use that account
for schannel, we will not be 'joined' to it for other purposes.

Otherwise, this patch looks good to me.  I'm honestly surprised it
works, but there seems to be something different between winbind's
operation and the failure modes I was seeing with rpccleint when I
tested it months ago.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net